These muffins are probably my favourite recipe I’ve created to date! They’re so nutritious – packed full with the goodness of raspberries and macadamias, and my favourite vegan dark chocolate too.
If there’s anything you create this weekend, let it be this one! My mom has declared these muffins her favourite creation of mine so far, and even the non-vegan boyfriend loves them too.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can have it for breakfast or as a snack (sometimes I have two in a day heh). They’re oil-free too, so I used a homemade applesauce to keep the muffins moist!
I made my applesauce by simply boiling some chopped apples for about 20 minutes, then mashing it to a puree with a potato masher.
There’s an oat crunch topping sprinkled on top of these muffins too (completely optional, but I thought it would be an amazing addition and I think I’m right!)
For the filling of macadamias, raspberries and chocolate, adjust the quantities to your preference (you can add more chocolate, reduce the amount of macadamia nuts, etc.! Up to you).
I hope you love these as much as I do! These are vegan of course.
Raspberry Macadamia and Chocolate Muffins
- 1 cup plant mylk I used homemade almond mylk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate
Oat Crunch Topping
- 2 tbsp macadamia nuts chopped
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp spelt flour
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- Line a 12-muffin tray. Set aside.
- Mix the plant mylk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the dry ingredients (everything except the applesauce and vanilla extract).
- Once all the dry ingredients are well incorporated, add in the mixture of plant mylk and ACV, the applesauce and vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Once the main ingredients have been added, stir in the filling ingredients (the macadamia nuts, chocolate and raspberries.
- Heat the oven to 190˚C. As it heats up, make the oat crunch topping by mixing all the ingredients in a separate bowl from the muffin mixture.
- Spoon out the muffin mixture into the lined muffin tray. Sprinkle a little bit of the oat crunch topping onto the muffins in the tray.
- Bake muffins in the oven for 18 minutes!