This is one of my favourite cookie recipes! I find them SO delicious, and they’re packed full of wholesome ingredients. I make these frequently to bring with me to school (because I need a treat every now and then to keep me awake during lectures, you know?). My non-vegan friends love these cookies too!
The raspberries in the raspberry sauce give it a tartness, which complements the chocolate perfectly (berries and chocolate are the best combination! But look out for my chocolate ginger cookies…).
I really hope you enjoy this one! The cookie is fudgey and soft, and I think it’s just the perfect treat! Let me know what you think!
Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
For the cookies
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips I like dark chocolate
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the chocolate raspberry sauce
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
Preparing the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 175˚C. (I like to do this only when I’m moulding the cookies so that you can save on electricity!)
- Mix all the dry ingredients – the almond meal, oat flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly incorporated the wet ingredients – the maple syrup, almond butter and vanilla extract.
- Add in the chocolate and mix it in slowly.
- Take about 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter and form into cookies, then bake for 10 minutes!
Preparing the raspberry sauce
- While the cookies are baking, prepare the sauce!
- Add the raspberries to a saucepan, and heat over low heat.
- After 3-5 minutes, when the raspberries melt partially, add in the chocolate.
- Stir the mixture consistently (so it won’t stick and burn in the saucepan!), till the chocolate and raspberries have melted and are well-incorporated, about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle the raspberry chocolate sauce over the cookies, and enjoy!